Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Noodle House, Riyadh Saudi Arabia

          My friend told me she had a taste for some Asian fare and invited me out to eat. The destination was the Noodle House which is located in the Centria Mall on Olaya Street in Riyadh. It took us about an hour from Eskan Village to get to the Noodle house due to bumper to bumper traffic. This is not unusual for Riyadh. I can imagine when women are eventually allowed to drive here; there will be more cars than road!

            When we arrived at Centria Mall I can tell right away that this mall was a showcase for high-end  stores such as Burberry, Jimmy Choo, Gucci, Prada, Armani and Fendi to name a few. I had to remind myself that this was not a shopping trip but an evening of fine- dining. But I promise you, I would be checking out this mall another time soon. So off we went up to the second floor to find the Noodle House.

            Upon entering the front door of the restaurant, you can see off to the right all of the chefs hustling to prepare many aromatic dishes. My salivary glands went into overdrive just watching the delectable meals being prepared!
 

             We were immediately seated by the staff. I loved the mahogany furnishings offset by the white dishware and place settings. The menu was a pad that had a pen attached. You just checked your selection of food items that you wanted prepared, tear off the sheet and then give it to the waiter. I selected the wasabi prawns and crispy fried vegetable spring rolls for appetizers and Kung Pao chicken noodles as the main dish.
 
            Within minutes, my entrées arrived cooked to order. The prawns were flashed fried with a wasabi sauce poured over them; very pleasing to the palate! The spring rolls were crisp, light and not greasy. They were the best I have ever eaten! The Kung Pao chicken noodle was steaming hot, fresh and amazingly delicious! The chef definitely did not skimp on the chicken!
 
 
 
            The Noodle House is not a bad choice for delicious and affordable fast food with an attentive wait staff and beautiful dining accommodations.

 All the best,

 GMarie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment