Friday, August 3, 2012

GMarie’s Page Stats

Aug 3, 2012

            Initially, when I started this blog, it was to keep in touch with family and friends and to minimize sending multiple emails and pictures to everyone especially from a place where I consider the Internet service to be a bit slow. So a month before I arrived in Saudi (August 2011), I got the idea to blog my experiences from subscribing to blog sites such as Susie’s Big Adventure (www.susiesbigadventure.blogspot.com) and American Bedu (www.americanbedu.com). Blogging would be the perfect venue to get my information and pictures out to everyone.
           
I never would imagine that my readership would not only be my family and friends but other readers from all over the world!  My blog has invited inquiries such as folks asking about establishments I have visited in the “Kingdom” or a nurse or prospective Middle East employee asking about hair care products or info on where to get their nails done when they make their transition to work in the “Kingdom”. I was even contacted by Rahel, an Air Force sergeant, through my blog who was on her way to Riyadh to work. Her unit is co-located on the same compound as mine. She made several attempts to touch base with her sponsor but received no response. I made some calls to her military leadership, informed them that she trying to contact them and they took it from there to get their service member to the “”Kingdom” safely.
           
Through my readership, one of the women that live on my compound (thanks Charmie!) connected me with her friend, famous blogger Carol Fleming (aka American Bedu). It was an honor and pleasure to be recognized and interviewed by such a well-known icon. I humbly display my stats (August 2011 to August 2012) for GMarie’s Page: 


Pageviews by Countries
Graph of most popular countries among blog viewers
EntryPageviews
United States
3180
Saudi Arabia
791
Russia
158
United Kingdom
108
Trinidad and Tobago
50
Germany
43
South Africa
37
United Arab Emirates
29
Philippines
28
Spain
24

Pageviews by Operating Systems
EntryPageviews
Windows
3139 (65%)
iPhone
381 (8%)
Macintosh
361 (7%)
Android
338 (7%)
BlackBerry
173 (3%)
iPad
165 (3%)
iPod
112 (2%)
Linux
81 (1%)
Windows NT 6.1
5 (<1%)
MOT
3 (<1%)

Thanks for reading!

All the best,

GMarie

No comments:

Post a Comment