Friday, July 6, 2012

Cape Town, South Africa - Vacation, Day 1

July 6, 2012

       It has been a while since I have posted because I am getting ready to go on vacation. After nine months, I am on a well deserved vacation out and away from the "Kingdom"!  My first stop, for a week, is Cape Town, South Africa! I will be visiting with my neighbors, Bruce and Florence, who have moved there from Florida to set up their own chiropractic office. So at 1:30am this morning, my driver picked me up from my villa, and we were enroute to the Riyadh airport. Please, just imagine for a moment, the excitement, the anticipation, yet anxiety of visiting the "Mother Land"! Too many emotions happening all at once!

      Besides the strict baggage rules imposed on carryon bags, everything went smooth (i.e. on time departure, top notch service on Emirates Airlines and excellent cuisine). The flight time was 8 hours and 56 minutes. I probably slept for five of those hours since I didn't go to bed the night before my trip.

      The plane landed on time and it was raining in Cape Town. I didn’t have mobile phone service so I prayed that Florence was already at the airport. I made my trek to customs and retrieved my luggage from the baggage claim.

      I felt the chill in the air as I made my way toward ground transportation to look for Flo. Before I could begin to wonder where she was. I thought to myself that the last time I saw Flo was last year in September, on the day before I departed for the “Kingdom”. So it was like a breath of fresh air when I saw Flo’s beautiful face in the crowd! As we embraced, Flo greeted me with, “Welcome to Cape Town!” 


            .
           
     


      Before I left the airport, I purchased a SIM card for my mobile phone, exchanged my money for the South African Rand, then we were off to pick up her beau Dr. Bruce Harris from their newly opened chiropractic office called Westlake Chiropractic & Sports Injury Centre on Western Cape. Bruce is really good so check him out if you are ever in their neighborhood

All the best,
GMarie

No comments:

Post a Comment