Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!!

May 13, 2012

Today, I receive this wonderful poem on a bookmark:
Mom’s Time Out
Moms are always on the run
Getting daily duties done,
In charge of other people’s lives
As workers, helpers,
Moms and wives.

But every Mom needs
Time apart
For nurturing her tender heart,
Time not to “do”, but just to “be”,
To savor some serenity.

So find yourself a quiet place
And give yourself some mental space….
Relax, refresh, recharge, renew,
Review and rediscover YOU.

Don’t feel guilty-you deserve
This time to fill your
Soul’s reserves.
For Heaven knows it’s surely true
That mothers need a Time Out too.

Happy Mother’s Day!!


Note: In Saudi Arabia, Mother’s Day was celebrated on March 21; the first day of spring. This also applies to Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Territories, Sudan, Syria, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.


All the best,
GMarie


2 comments:

  1. To me, EVERY day is Mother's day.
    First, I'll say that my OWN mother being granted the Congressional Medal of Honor for raising me is a pale honor to her. Yes, I was BEYOND that bad and rather, erm, bright. My mother once said, she KNEW I was an absolute angel. It was purely displayed by my halo, totally held in place by my horns...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the post, Stephen and thanks for reading!
      GMarie

      Delete