Thursday, December 8, 2011

Holiday Festival

December 8, 2011
     
      I know it has been awhile since I wrote…my last blog being when I visited the candy and cigar shop (Dec 1). I have taken up golf, which is another blog in itself.
The command had our annual holiday party. The festivities was held at the on-base facility where we eat most of our meal, if you do not feel like cooking something at your villa. We were served by the staff, a meal that consisted of a turkey dinner with all of the trimmings. Of course Santa “came through” with his bag of gifts that was raffled off. The gifts were pretty decent; someone even won a 50 inch television!



      The music was provided by a local DJ who spun records that was appreciated by all whether your favorite was rock, country or hip hop. You know in order to break the ice and get folks on the floor; you have to put on a “line dancing” songs like “Cha Cha Slide, Electric Slide or Wobble. After that, you can’t keep people off of the floor and have to remind them that “this is the last song!’.I enjoyed myself and look forward to the New Years Eve Party in a few weeks.

All the best,
GMarie