Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My New Abode and Car

          I couldn't see much on the ride from the airport to my villa primary due to sleep depravation and it being quite dark outside.

          Upon reaching our destination, my sponsor handed me the keys to the villa and the car, a 2009 Chevy Lumina which only had 4,000 miles on it! Although, females are not allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia, I was given a car to use to get around the compound.


          I smiled as we entered the villa. The accommodations were very spacious and emasculate! There are two bedrooms and two full baths totally furnished in cherry wood decor, a living room, dining room and full kitchen. The kitchen had everything required for a dinner party. My sponsor even went grocery shopping for healthy refrigerated, frozen and dry food items! I also had a gift bag from the welcoming committee that contained snacks, candy and drinks!





          By the time, my "tour" was over and questions were answered, It was about 3:30 am. My sponsor informed me that the General's wife wanted to take me shopping around 9:00 am but if I did not feel up to it, everyone would understand. He explained to me that the jet lag typically among most people lasts about two weeks and to let him know if I was affected at work. With all of that said, he left me to get acquainted with my new place.

          I was so exhausted from my trip, that all I could think to do was just take a hot shower and try to get some sleep. So I set my alarm so I could make it to my outing with the General's wife. For those of you who have been in the military, you know you don't miss any appointments when it concerns the General!

By the time I slid into the crisp bed sheet at 4:30 am it seems as though the alarm clock went off five minutes later!!, It's eight o'clock already!!

All the best,
GMarie

No comments:

Post a Comment