Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Taking My Oath of Office

          Today I was instructed by my new office that I had to submit a Standard Form 61 which is an Appointment Affidavit. The affidavits attested to and provided the official appointment of an individual into the Federal service.  It is also used to administer the Oath of Office for Federal appointment.  This form must not be signed until after administration of the Oath of Office by either a Commissioned Officer of the United States Armed Forces, a Notary Public, or an official (U.S. Citizen) of the Civilian Personnel Advisory Center. 
          In this case, the administration was by a civilian in the Human Resources department. I was asked to raise my hand and repeat after the moderator the following Oath of Office: 
          “I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same, that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”
           There are other provisions that state that an individual will not strike against the federal government and that no transfer, promise or pay was received in securing the appointment.
          11 days and I depart for Saudi Arabia ...and counting!

All the best,
G. Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment