Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Exchanging The Gulf of Mexico for the Gulf Region

September 4, 2011

      I decided this Labor Day weekend that I would take advantage of visiting St. Pete Beach possibly for the last time before leaving the U.S. I love this spot along the Gulf of Mexico called the Undertow which is frequented by the locals as well as tourists. You can actually make a day of it but I normally go between 11am and 4pm to catch my friend Glen who has the best island sounds with his sultry voice and melodious steel pan drums which have you either tapping to the beat or "whining" to the rhythm.




      It was a bittersweet day surrounded by good friendship....thanks to Michael, Lynn and Sylvain. Literally, I am trading in the Gulf of Mexico; it's warm waters and rolling waves for a very hot and sandy Gulf region of Saudi Arabia.

All the best,
G.Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment